Infiltrate the Nazi controlled station.
|Metro Wiki has a video walkthrough for this level, Sniper Team. See Sniper Team/Walkthrough.|
Sniper Team is a mission in the Faction Pack DLC for Metro: Last Light, where the player, a Red Line sniper, along with a spotter infiltrates a heavily guarded Reich outpost on the surface, under the cover of a radioactive storm. The mission is heavily focussed on stealth and alerting the Nazis results in an automatic failure.
The sniper is equipped with a VSSK Vychlop (Silent Sniper Rifle) and a Lolife with a silencer, foregrip, stock, extended magazine, laser sight, autofire adapter and reflex sight. The player cannot pick up any other weapons from killed enemies, and the only ammunition they can pick up is .44 Magnum and 12.7x108mm rounds.
As the whole area is heavily irradiated, the sniper and the Nazis must wear gas masks at all times. Initially, the player starts with a slightly cracked gas mask with 10 minutes of extra filters, though most Nazis carry spares that can be picked up, and a few gas masks can be found in perfect condition that can also be swapped out (though since any alerts results in failure, it is unlikely your mask will become more cracked, so this is purely personal choice).
|Saboteur||Bronze Trophy - 15|
|Complete the SNIPER TEAM level.|
|Sniper (Metro Last Light)||Bronze Trophy - 15|
|Kill 10 enemies with headshots using your sniper rifle.|
Tips and TriviaEdit
- Although the actual gameplay is fairly brief and left unconcluded, it is worthwhile taking your time, replaying the mission a few times to see everything, and try out different strategies.
- The stealthy knock out attack has been disabled for this mission, likely because the Red Line and the Reich hate each other so much, sparing each other is not on their minds. Since there is no moral system, it makes no difference to gameplay.
- Many Nazis will break off from patrol to visit their buddies - if they find them with a bullet in their brain, they will run to the alarm and you will fail, so check where you kill; try to make sure the bodies are in shadow.
- Similarly, if you see a pair of enemies, kill them quickly to prevent a full alert or wait and see if they separate.
- Turn off every light you can. Even the fires can usually be extinguished in this mission, so take advantage of it, but make sure there aren't any Nazis nearby, as they will be alerted by the mystery fireman.
- On the other hand, filters can run out quickly when you wait for Nazis to finish their conversations or you hide for too long, so try and take as many as you can. There aren't too many around - most are found on dead Nazis.
- The conversations the Nazis have are very interesting, some mention the events of the Pavel level, with the prison break, and how 'a whole battalion' broke in, released the prisoners and escaped into the spider infested tunnels.
- Be warned; the lightning outside can illuminate you for a brief moment, which could alert the Nazis. Although they will not see you for long enough to be fully alerted, they will investigate and could find you. Alternatively, you could use this to your advantage to lead single Nazis away to be killed.
- It appears that the mission is set before the final battle in D6 at the end of the main campaign, as two Nazis talk about how 'war is coming to the Metro'. Had the battle already happened, they would have likely heard about it already.
- The Nazis in the camp appear to all be ex-prison guards who were fired and sent to the surface as punishment for allowing the prisoners to escape, a reference to the main storyline of Last Light.
- There is one Nazi in the building who is not wearing a Reich uniform, instead he is just wearing a jacket and work helmet. It is possible that he is a Reich civilian worker.
- Some objects (like the flaming barrel on the roof) will appear to hover over the ground.