|Prev:||The Dead City|
|Game:||Metro: Last Light|
|Metro Wiki has a video walkthrough for this level, Red Square. See Red Square/Walkthrough.|
|“||I know only one way into Polis from here - through the Red Square. The Order keeps an outpost in the Saint Basil's Cathedral. I'll get in touch with our men and tell them all I know. And my goal would be just a step away from there. It will all be over soon.||„|
— Level description
Red Square is the twenty-seventh level in Metro: Last Light.
37. As soon as you start the level, a couple steps in front of you and on the left there will be a little ledge with the note on it.
38. Further on in the level you will drop into an area with a bunch of stone pillars, immediately head to your left and you will see a small opening on your left, follow the path down and you will enter Lenin's Mausoleum, complete with the glass coffin. The diary is on the ground at the floor of the coffin, but strangely, there are no moral points to be found here.
- At the beginning of the level when the Watchmen are growling from atop St. Basil's Cathedral, don't shoot at them. The point is earned as they begin to go inside.
- After the aforementioned Watchmen leave, climb the staircase into the St.Basil's Cathedral to an area full of skeletons, bodies and some supplies to earn another point.
- While following the Little Dark One through the storm, Artyom will come across a Watchman kneeling over a skeleton. The Little Dark One will say that he's simply afraid. Leaving him be will earn a point as soon as Artyom enters the next area. Approaching the Watchman too closely will cause him to attack and forfeit the point.
- In the ruined sewer area, a group of three Watchmen will slowly approach, but again the Little Dark One says they won't attack unless provoked. Leaving them be will earn another point.
- In the same area, you can see a corpse down a hole. Reach it to gain another point, but taking too much time will cause the watchmen to attack.
- Save Pavel from the damned souls. The Little Dark One will then remark that now he understands what forgiveness is.
- Enter the St.Basil's Cathedral before the Watchmen go away.
- Leaving Pavel behind with the damned souls causes you to lose a point. The Little Dark One will tell you that he will remember that you couldn't forgive.
- The room where the second diary entry can be found is actually the tomb of Vladimir Lenin, the founder of the Soviet Union. What appears to be Lenin's corpse can be found in the coffin but it has the model of a random corpse.
- This level is the first and only to feature the Damned Souls.
- With some luck, it is possible to loot a unique Kalash from one of the communist soldiers on the second floor. What's unique about this weapon is that the laser sight is green instead of red.
- If Artyom fails to follow or stay close to the Dark One during a storm sequence, he will die from the radioactive rain in seconds, leaving no time for him to recover.
|Revenge||Silver Trophy - 35|