|Metro Wiki has a video walkthrough for this level, Outpost. See Outpost/Walkthrough.|
|“||I went up again, to the gloomy charm of post apocolyptic Moscow. I was warned in Hole Station about a new squad of Nazi rangers on the surface.||„|
— Level description
Outpost starts just outside Hole Station's entrance., It becomes quite apparent that the Nazis are active in the area as almost immediately, a patrol arrives with an apparent attempt to take Hole Station. After dealing with the patrol journey through these Nazi and demon occupied buildings. If Artyom accepted Maxim Komarov's mission he must venture to the roof of the building to play the message to Polis for a positive moral point. After moving through the buildings Artyom will arrive in the remains of a broken street. A large patrol will be preoccupied with demons and must be evaded or fought on the way to the subway tunnel leading into Black Station.
Some of the open areas, particularly the area where the last partol is encountered, have strong winds that will greatly impact Artyom's aim, although enemies appear unaffected by it. There are short pauses between gusts where accurate shots can be made.
|On the level "Outpost" reach the radio tower and broadcast the commander's message.|
Metro 2033 ReduxEdit
|DJ Artyom||Bronze Trophy - 30|
|On the level OUTPOST reach the radio tower and broadcast the commander's message|
- According to Dmytro Zenin, the level was originally intended to be set at sunset. But because he couldn't get a "balanced picture" in every direction, he opted instead for a dull day atmosphere.
- If a stealth approach is taken, when you get to the bottom floor of the outpost, the player can find a Reich officer sleeping on a couch. This is odd considering gas masks allow breathing only for a limited time
- In Metro 2033 Redux, this level looks significantly different-- it's still set during the day, but with a thick layer of clouds caused by the nuclear winter obscuring the sun, making it as dark as night. The Night Vision Goggles and night vision scope are consequently much more useful.
- On somewhat rare occurrence the demons that inhabit the area around the tape player will attack the player as they are putting the tape in - despite being under a wooden roof. On harder difficulties this can be quite problematic as the demons can kill Artyom in only a few quick hits.
- There is sometimes a Nazi floating high above the ground whose animations are glitched. Shooting him will cause him to move into different poses, but there are no animations between the poses.