There is no telling how many Moral points are required to get the good ending, as the statistics are hidden; however, making wrong choices or going loud in the levels that require stealth will not gain enough Moral points to trigger the good ending.
Artyom has not left Exhibition station since his childhood and does not know anything about the world outside VDNKh. If the player pokes around corners, eavesdrops dialogues and explores the levels Artyom learns how this new world works and manages to make a decision based on this knowledge. In other words he achieves a different Enlightened ending, as opposed to the Ranger one in which he blindly follows his orders.
Moral points have not changed from Metro 2033. This time around, Artyom is much more experienced, so moral points are earned based on whether or not he does the right thing. They are earned the same way as Metro 2033, i.e listening to certain dialogue, performing kind or merciful acts, finding certain hidden areas, etc. Sufficient moral points will unlock the Redemption ending, where Artyom earns forgiveness for his past, as opposed to the standard C'est la vie ending where Artyom sacrifices himself for the Metro.
List of Moral Points in Metro 2033 Edit
Note: In Metro 2033 Redux, some points are no longer available. Also, because of the inclusion of the knock out ability, points for not killing anyone can be obtained along with other points that involve taking out certain enemies. These points are incompatible in the original game.
- After coming up the stairs, talk to the guard that tells you another patrol was attacked after he sits down.(:"Many want to leave the station...")
- Talk to the people in line before the hospital.(:"Doctor hasn't said anything.")
- Talk to girl sitting on ground next to the people in line. She will first say "We just have to hope." Then give her a few seconds and talk to her again and she will say (:"Leave me alone".) Walk away like she asks and get a good boy point. [This is for sure in Redux 2033, I don't remember if she is there in the original though.]
- Talk to the guard that opens the door to the hospital after he sits down.(:"People want to see their relatives.")
- Walk under the light on the right in the first room of the hospital. In Metro Redux, this point is moved to a corner accessible just before exiting the room. There is a torn fabric curtain on the right-hand side which you can walk through, leading to another torn fabric right in front of you. Walk through both these 'curtains' to find sick NPC characters and obtain the moral point.
- Take the postcard from Hunter.
- Play the guitar in Artyom's room.
- Play the balalaika (triangle guitar) near the father and the child drawing on the floor.
- Approach the man and woman sitting in the general market area with a teddy bear between them. As soon as the woman stops talking, you'll be able to talk to the man. He'll tell you about his sick child and asks you for a few bullets. Give them to him. You will lose about 2 MGRs.
- Open the door to Alex's room, prompting his dialogue.
- Exhaust all of Alex's dialogue options.
- Take the MGR from the hat next to the man playing the guitar.
- There are two men sitting on a table just right from the table with the drunk man who is being scolded by his wife. If you talk to them, they'll start talking about some business. If you talk to them again, it will count as interrupting their business and you will lose a moral point. Because you can't actively engage in conversations in Metro 2033 it's best you avoid that area or you might lose a point accidentally. There's nothing interesting there anyway.(This one does not occur in 2033 Redux. The conversation still happens, but bothering doesn't give a bad point)
- Give a bullet to one of the beggars located all over the place. It is only effective once.
- Give a bullet to the kid to guide you to Bourbon. Note: Even if you have no MGR left but still enter the command to give him bullets, you will receive a moral point and the child will reluctantly guide you to Bourbon. Also if you first refuse to give the boy a bullet, you will still be able find him after he has run off and get the point. This is useful if you want to get the achievement Realist as well as the moral point.
- Find Bourbon without the kid. This only triggers once you find him, not if you initially refuse the kid.
- When Bourbon talks about strange sounds and pipes, crouch next to the pipe on the right side of the tunnel until you hear laughter.
- After listening to the pipes, go left into the room where the dead body with the Tikhar lies. Going back and listening again to the pipes for some more seconds will hurt you and give you a moral point (same procedure as in "Khan"). Probably it´s just a bug, but offers a moral point.
- Get into the first train car you encounter by jumping on the box on the left side. Inside there will be a box you can open with some dolls. Just use one of them. (unavailable in Redux).
- After a fight with some mutants, Bourbon will spot a Hanza railcar, informing you that they are looking for the bandits, and instructs you to hide. Crouch next to him and wait for the railcar to pass without being noticed for the point.
- Get noticed by the Hanza railcar.
- Use the hookah in the bar (unavailable in Redux).
- Give a bullet to the beggar who tells the story to the kid in the market area after the kid leaves.
- In the first area, go up the stairs on the left. After scaring the watcher, look out of the window it escaped through. Also in the room at the end of the balcony.
- In the building you go into after you and Bourbon become separated, on the top floor jump into the elevator to find a secret cache.
- During the vision of a playground when outside, as long as you don't move (you can look around)
- Also during the same vision if you take off your gas mask you will receive a moral point
- After the above vision you eventually enter a building and go down some stairs. At the end turn right and go all the way to the end and you'll find another secret cache.
- When you go out of the leftmost window of this building to proceed further, look left and down. There will be some wooden planks leading to a narrow path just above the water. Follow it to find a body.
- After you have the chance to kill the demon and enter the building leading to Dry. Take a right through the trap filled hallway and play the tape in the cache.
- Run out or completely across, or open fire during the playground vision.
- Shoot the dark one sitting on the shed on the other side of the playground after the vision.
- Shooting the dark one looking at a dead stalker on the other side of a gate (where you find Bourbon in Dead City 2).
- Before you kill the demon sitting in the open if you take a hard right and enter the building on your left, you will lose a moral point if you kill the Watcher Mother.
- Using the hookah to smoke within the crate maze on the left yields a moral point.
- Do not kill anyone at this level. (This will most likely conflict with the above as the hookah is right next to a bandit)
- Shooting Bourbon's dead body.
- When Khan tells you about the singing pipes, crouch near them and wait till you hear laughter. Then move away, if you stay near the pipes for too long you will get hurt.
- When you reach the ghosts of the defenders, stay close behind Khan as you move through. You'll get the flash point on the other side when he mentions he was with them when they died.
- After you leave the tunnels, Khan will curse while in one of the rooms. In this room, there is a body hidden behind some barrels (look for the blood marks on the floor to find it easily)
- Stop when Khan tells you to and don't move (you can look around) until he starts talking again.
- After moving a bit forward, you will hear a nosalis growl, then see the anomaly moving fast toward it in the adjacent tunnel. As soon as you hear the growl, stop and don't move until Khan starts talking.
- Just after this, Khan will stress that you need to move on. Near where he says this is a junction. Turn right to go around the wall and back towards the direction you came from and you should see glowing mushrooms surrounding a dead end area. Turn right behind the barrels to find a body. You get the point for reaching the body.
- After the fight with the nosalis, Khan will enter a train car. Straight out from the back of this car is a dead end with glowing mushrooms and stalagmites. There is a partial skeleton on the ground there that will award a moral point when approached.
- Opening fire on ghosts.
- You get a point for showing up, and listening to Khan when he explains the situation.
- Run away before Khan finishes talking.
- Any type of hostile action in the shrine (e.g. Even slashing the knife).
- Sneak up to the back of the train you fell out of upon the start of the level and finish listening to the communist leader's speech. After you get the point start backing away or they will spot you. It is recommended to put out the lamp leading up to the train on the left.
- In the dead end tunnel through which the player arrives at the start of the level, kill or avoid the patrolling Communists. On the right side of the tunnel there is a small red locker, pick up the MGR inside for a moral point.
- Just left from there go down the stairs and listen to two guards talking about the secret entrance to the enemy base.
- Kill the Commissar and the soldier executing a Communist "deserter".
- After the execution, the commissar will walk away and up the stairs, and the guard will follow soon after. Go up these stairs a bit to listen to a conversation about suicide bombers.
- Up the aforementioned stairs, go deeper into the tunnel and away from the commie barricade, past the two wounded men. On the right side of the tunnel there will be an open door. Go inside and all the way down until you reach a body with an automatic shotgun (It IS Redux available, you have to disable the electric current with the circuit box left of the stairs in the tunnel).
- In the bottom of the front line, where Artyom must use the gas mask, there will be pile of wreckage with a buried body's protruding arm holding MGR, take rounds for a moral point. The arm holding the bullets is in the center of the pile. The pile is at the bottom of the shaft of light shining through a gap in the bridge.
- In the Nazi part of the level, downstairs there's a room containing a couple of guards and a Helsing spear gun. In one of the corners (near the manhole) there's a small red locker. Open it and collect the contained ammo to get a moral point. You will see a drawing inside. The sound of the door creaking also alerts the guards, making it practically impossible to get this point if you want to do the level completely stealthy.
- The last moral point is awarded for freeing the three captured Communists in the Nazi part of the map, in the area after the rail car. To free them you need to kill all the Nazis here except the one at the very end of the tunnel. You'll know it's done when their leader will stand up (The Nazi soldier will execute the leader if you wait too long when you get there). Talk to him. Killing the Nazis will prevent you from getting the stealth achievement for this level.
- In Redux, the prisoners are now located at the red locker from the previous moral points. The Nazi can also be knocked out in Redux, making it possible to earn the final point for not killing anyone.
- Alternative: Complete the level without getting in a fight and you achieve a moral point (and the stealth achievement). The other side of the medal is that you can´t free the imprisoned communists and leave out the metal locker. In the Redux version, this point can be obtained if enemies are knocked out instead of being killed.
- Kill wounded men lying near the staircase (behind the bridge post)
- Kill one or more of the captured Communists
- In 2033 Redux, allow the Communist "deserter" to be executed
- Pick up the message the captain gives you after the fight.
- As you come into the station, go straight and into the railcar. Walk through all of it and exit on the other side for a flash point (Look out for the tripwire inside). (Unavailable in Redux)
- Inside the first area of the station, go up the stairs into what looks like a hospital. Go in deep enough and you'll get your point. (Unavailable in Redux)
- As you're leaving the first area of the station and crossing over to the area where you need to use the gas mask, look left. There will be stairs blocked by grating. Go through the door on the right and there will be another set of stairs with grating, but here the door will be open. Go up and then left over a makeshift bridge to find a lot of goodies and another moral point. (Unavailable in Redux)
- As you're leaving the station on the other side, instead of going right and into the tunnel go left and toward the music you've been hearing for a while. You'll find a body with a cassette player and the last moral point.
- Refuse to take the reward from Sasha's mother at the very end of the level.
- After climbing out of the building you start in at the beginning of the level, on the surface you'll eventually reach a house full of Nazis. Climb all the way to the roof and play the tape you got from captain in Defense.
- Take the weapon given to you in the beginning. (Unavailable in Redux)
- Listen to the two Nazis talk about moving to Hanza until they are done.
- In the next area, kill or sneak past the patrolling Nazi and go right. There will be two Nazis near the end of the hall. If you wait until they stop talking about morals, you will get a moral point.
- Sitting nearby when the Nazi commander commands two other guards to watch the generator.
- Turning off the generator.
- Listening to two Nazis talk about 'Metro 2' near the end of the level.
- Being nearby at the end of the level when the drunk Nazi is muttering to himself.
- There is a room under the main area where the Nazis are in mass. This room has boxes which must be scaled. Once scaled, you will get yourself a morality point and if you look at Charles Darwins book you get another.
- After dropping into the tunnel where you need to wear a gas mask on the way to Ulman, keep an eye out for a blood stain on the floor that leads to a corpse on your left. Examine it for a point.
- Completing this level without any enemy casualties will yield another point. You get this point when you meet up with Ulman at the end.
- After meeting with Ulman and riding the metro cart for a while there will be a cutscene with a dark one, after the wall breaks and you are told to run, instead walk towards the dark one for a moral point.
- Fire a weapon while Ulman is talking to you at the very beginning of the level (right after he killed the guard with a throwing knife).
- Run away from the Dark one during the dream sequence.
- Listen to all Khan has to say after he greets Artyom.
- After talking to Miller and saying you are "ready", look behind you there is a bunch of soldiers and khan, talk fully to khan and you will get a moral point. (in Redux)
- In the vision, approach the dark one when given a choice. (Unavailable in Redux)
- In the vision, don't apporach the dark one instead go the opposite way.
- Do not take Boris' ammo or weapon after his death. (Not Possible in Redux)
List of Moral Points in Metro Last LightEdit
- Play the guitar in Artyom's room.
- Wait inside Artyom's room and listen to the guitar music being played across the hall for several minutes.
- Listen to the two Rangers near Artyom's room discussing the significance of D6.
- Listen to the conversation about Romanov in the breakroom.
- Play the balalaika in the breakroom.
- At the first gun shop tinker with the guns and mods a few times to earn a moral point.
- Listen to the radio operators in front of the briefing room.
- Walk to the back of the train you start the level on.
- At the ladder, continue past it, further into the tunnel. Burn some cobwebs to get to a corpse that also has the first note in Ashes.
- Staying near Anna until she begins climbing to her sniping position.
- At the first encounter with Watchmen.
- Release the prisoners (this will also unlock achievement Freedom).
- Listen to all of Fuhrer's speech.
- Kill the surrendering Nazi at the end of the chase.
- Don't kill the man reading on his bed after he surrenders.
- After exiting the first area of Nazis, kill the man reading on his bed after he surrenders.
- After Artyom exits the air vent, watch the scene where a Nazi lynches his fellow soldier and calls his mother a whore.
- After the lynching scene, listen to the conversation between two Nazis about stashed custom weapon.
- Follow the Nazi heading back to the locker room and when he opens his locker, knock/kill him and pick up the weapon (this will also unlock the achievement/trophy A Present, but not in Metro Last Light Redux)
- Listen to the conversation between two Nazis on the catwalk above the first room.
- Reach the plant growing room without killing said brutalized soldier in the meat storage.
- In the next area there's a room filled with bathtubs. In the area beyond this, there's an airvent on the far side to the right, next to the guy in a chair. Enter it to get a point and there will be a supply crate on the left.
- In the room with water turbines there's two Nazis discussing the hanging of Pavel, listen to their whole conversation to get a point.
- Reach the sewer without killing any humans (this will also unlock achievement Invisible Savior).
- Kill the Nazi hiding in the meat storage.
- Just before the elevator at the beginning of the Spider tunnels, look to the left-hand side for a small nook hidden by cobwebs. Burn them away to find a small stash of ammo and a medkit next to two skeletons. Entering this nook earns a point.
- Entering the elevator with Pavel earns a point.
- Fending off the Spiders with Artyom's flashlight in the elevator earns a point.
- Quickly saving Pavel from the Spider attack just after exiting the elevator earns a point.
- Keep close to Pavel while he walks with the torch.
- In the elevator with Pavel, leave your flashlight off throughout the ride.
- Immediately after the elevator, leave your flashlight off and don't help Pavel when he is pinned by the Spider.
- In the beginning of the chapter after sliding down the side of the building and encountering sudden rain, turn left and look for a sewage pipe. Crawl in until you reach a room with a skeleton. The moral point is earned upon reaching the room.
- After encountering a huge sink hole, go to the tail end of the crashed blue plane on the left. There's another skeleton lying right in front of it. Reaching the skeleton earns a point.
- After searching the spider-infested skeleton, look right. There's a small caved-in room with some ammo and filters. Entering it earns a point.
- Taking the Duplet in the service room earns a point.
- Letting the Watchmen herd pass by without being spotted earns a point (this will also unlock achievement Mouse).
- Seeing all of the hallucinations of the first passenger section on the plane earns a point.
- Listening to Pavel after saving him earns a point.
- Shoot at the herd of watchmen.
- Right after passing through the first door, listening to the families (arriving by traincarts) trying to convince the guards to let them into the station grants you a moral point.
- Straight after this, listening to the couple from Reich talk about their escape yields a moral point. This is a reference to a quote from Martin Niemöller.
- Giving the theater critic-turned-beggar a bullet gets you a point. Giving the very same beggar another bullet after his speech earns another point.
- Listening to the two patrons at the bar discussing whether or not theater is useful in dark times earns a point.
- Listening to the two stalkers telling Katja that her husband, a fellow stalker, was killed by a Demon and informing her of his gravesite attack earns a point.
- Watching Mischa show the children animal impressions with shadows earns a point.
- Listening to a pair of women sitting on a bench opposite of Katja earns a point.
- Following the two children running back to the tracks, and listening to the arguing couple about joining the Army earns a point.
- Following the attendant at the theater into the market area, after he convinces the other tourist to buy the contraband earns a point.
- Watching the entire theater show earns a point (this also will unlock achievement Patron of the Arts).
- Listening to the dancing girl's entire conversation (about her makeup and boyfriend) grants you a moral point.
- After exiting the backstage area, at the end of the following hallway, to your right, listening to the girl under the shower talking to the girl in the bathtub grants you another point.
- Listen in on the conversation between Korbut and Moskvin.
- Get out of the storage room you start in at beginning of this level and go downstairs to listen to the guard reporting in on the intercom.
- Listen to the two soldiers in the storage area talking about the Frontline mission from Metro 2033.
- Listen to the crane operators discussing moving radioactive materials.
- Do not disturb the men doing the service check and keep following them until they finish the checking procedure and talk about a smoke break.
- After the service check room and going through a big fan, listen to the conversation between two men right after climbing down the ladder.
- When you get to the area with the machine gun platform, listen to the conversation between the machine gunner and a soldier.
- After boarding Regina and exiting Andrew's home, look for the first doorway on the left. Entering the area with the lamp on the desk earns a point.
- After the previous area, again to the lefthand side of the tunnel, there is a door under a light with a mask and a filter next to it. Behind this door is a Spider nest. Entering it and finding the glowing red room at the end with a light switch earns a point.
- After the previous area, continue onward for a time before finding another doorway on the left which leads to a partly submerged area. At the end to the right is a room with some ammo, filters and a skeleton. Entering this room earns a point.
- After opening the airlock doors and entering a gas mask area, get out of Regina and turn the switch on the left to change the rail tracks to continue straight. Use Regina to smash the wooden barricade. Doing so earns a point.
- After driving into the snowy tunnel, walk into the left hand tunnel to the abandoned metro cars where a Watchmen ambushes you. Keep going all the way to a dead end where a skeleton can be found. Arriving at the end earns a point.
- Just before arriving at the abandoned metro cars you have to push forward with Regina, go to the right side of the tunnel where a gas mask hangs from the wall with a filter. Enter the passage there to earn a point.
- While pushing the metro cars forward with Regina, look for a passage on the left side of the tunnel. This area is filled with shadows and ghosts who whisper to Artyom. There is a moral point and a Valve waiting at the end of the room.
- Still while pushing the metro cars forward, on the right side is a sewer area with several Watchmen. Reaching the end near the skeleton wearing a gas mask earns a point.
- When Artyom first awakes, turn around and enter where Regina crashed. A point is earned after discovering the skeleton there. And there is a Shambler with Extended Barrel to take.
- After meeting the refugee caravan, wait and listen to all their conversations. A point is earned after a woman says her husband was drafted and then captured by Nazis.
- Continuing down the tunnel after the refugee caravan, the first tunnel on the right will lead to a series of abandoned metro cars. A woman is crying for help and about to be raped by two bandits. Kill/knock them out before they kill her to earn a point.
- Just before arriving at the main bandit camp where they're holding the woman and children, continue down the left-hand tunnel to a carriage with several corpses. Doing so earns a point.
- Rescue the women and children being held in the bandit camp. The point is earned when the bandit in the final room threatening them is killed or knocked out.
- One is earned at the end of the level after escaping the Shrimps.
- Give a bullet to a beggar near the market alley where two men are trying to push a pig in a crate onto a boat. (Giving a bullet to the guitarist nearby won't grant you another point.)
- Give a bullet to a second beggar near the market, this one in the alley where two children are drawing on the wall.
- Buy and drink the bartender's special, "The Bullet."
- If you drink a few more you'll blackout. When you come back the bar will be wrecked and the bartender will be pissed, if you pay him 100 MGR for the damage you'll get a moral point.
- Pay 10 MGR to use the shooting range.
- There is a child being comforted by his mother since he lost his teddy bear. If Artyom completes all the challenges at the nearby shooting gallery, he will be awarded said teddy bear. Return it to the crying child to receive the moral point (this will also unlock achievement Reunion).
- Complete the level without killing OR knocking out any bandits in the storage (i.e. the section must be completely ghosted).
- Taking the 20 MGR located on-board the boat of a sleeping fisherman. The boat is on the left corner of the dock. The Military Grade Rounds are accessible without actually stepping onto the boat and waking the tired fisherman.
- Watch the striptease.
- Pay for a lap-dance.
- The final drink at the bar before passing out incurs a morality loss as of Last Light Redux version 220.127.116.11. It is not known if every morality loss/gain is a single point or if some instances are more than others, but if it's a 1:1 exchange, then this makes the 100 MGR property-damage point gain opportunity essentially just a way to recover the previously subtracted moral point.
- Explore all nine major shores of the swamp (player spawn, ruined buildings on the bottom left of the map, the demon on the bottom right, the storage yard, the ruined buildings to the left, the gas station, the fallen airplane, the demon at the top left, and the ferry). This moral point may be gained seemingly at random, sometimes by entering the derelect truck at the gas station, other times by entering the storage yard or ferry shore, and othertimes when just walking about.
- Just before meeting your friends at the church, on the second floor of the destroyed mall. You encounter the mall after being chased by the giant shrimp. On the second floor, overlooking the swamp, is a large window. Looking out that window gets you the point.
- Just before entering the catacombs, there's a body near a table with a radio reaching for a tape recorder/player. Play the tape of the Ranger's last words regarding the Reds taking Anna into the catacombs for a point.
- After entering the catacombs and Artyom's electronics getting mysteriously disabled, there will be a few ghosts in a tunnel walking around. Wait for them to disappear to earn a point.
- One is gained as Artyom is lowered deeper into the catacombs on the elevator just before the Nosalises attack.
- Turn the corner after the blue pools to see a Nosalis pack moving through the tunnels.
- A point can be earned if he lets them pass without attacking said pack.
- A point can be earned by entering the tunnel the pack had emerged from and approaching the small Christian shrine.
- After descending the small lift and encountering the winged Nosalises, a point can be earned by approaching a skeleton with a custom quadruple-barreled duplet near some spiderwebs.
- When fighting the Rhino, apparently you earn one point if you don't shoot at it in the first room at all. This, however, rarely happens. It might be a bug, or the point is triggered by another event.
- Shooting at the Nosalis pack after getting knocked off the elevator.
- Deal with the two Red Line soldiers executing citizens at the beginning, before the shot man dies.
- Listen to the shot man's explanation and confusion over the Red's attack. He will explain that the Reds came before anybody died of the Virus.
- In the room to the left of the railcar where the enemy loading boxes is coming and going, there is a hole in the back wall that leads to an abandoned tunnel. The hole is partially blocked but you can move left and out into the tunnel. Head straight across from the hole to the green light on the opposite wall and turn right, at the water line is an ammo cache. Open it. Note that there is an explosive tripwire trap on the non water path of the floor.
- Listen and watch the full execution of the wounded Red solider who contracted the "disease."
- After hearing Lesnitsky speaking with another soldier and going through the shaft, you will be in a room where some plants are growing. Go up the stairs, and there will be a Red Line officer going over dead citizens of the station. Listen to what he says to gain a moral point.
- Remove your mask when Lesnitsky has his knife at Anna's throat, before he counts to five (this will also unlock achievement Savior).
- Reach Anna without killing any humans.
- Attacking Lesnitsky, when he has his knife at Anna's throat.
- Right after the furnace where bodies are being cremated, there is a doctor talking to a soldier who got infected trying to comfort infected children. Listen to their conversation all the way through for a point (not available in Redux).
- Right after the section where the doctor is talking to the chief about the possibility of the virus being a bioweapon, there is a man on a gurney on the your right talking to a doctor about going home because he is sure that he only has a flu. Listen to the whole conversation to earn a point.
- Pick up all four MGR stashes in the abandoned part of the station. One of them is hidden behind the door where Artyom first enters and can only be claimed once he proceeds down the stairs and the door closes (this will also unlock achievement Forgotten).
- After meeting up with Khan there is a man asking the guard to let him go inside the quarantine zone and take some insulin. After he is refused, go up to him and he should (He doesn't always) ask you for help. Give him a bullet.
- In the small market area, listen to the three soldiers gathered around a table with a lamp discussing the Reds and Polis (not available in Redux).
- Answer the phone in the sewers.
- Reach the river of fate.
- One point is gained at the end of the chapter, when you pick up the Little Dark One and walk out of the burning train.
- After crossing the ice under a bridge, the Little Dark One will appear on top of a wrecked van next to a billboard and expresses his desire to wear human clothing, stay close to him.
- Up a small path and to the right of the aforementioned billboard is a dead Demon surrounded by dead Watchmen, walking up to the corpses earns a point.
- Just after the demon flies off, when entering the train the Little Dark One will appear with clothes. Do not shoot and stay close until he disappears.
- At the end of the level the Little Dark One appears again, follow him to end the level and gain a point
- Enter the small room to the left at the start.
- Just before the Little Dark One gives a second vision, look to the left. There is a broken ramp leading down to a small area beneath the bridge with a few corpses. Going down the ramp earns a point.
- Finish the level without killing any mutants (this will also unlock achievement Rain Man).
- After exiting the tunnel at the very beginning, stick to the left hand side. There is a garage with two closed doors, one open that has a truck poking out. Continue past this point to an entrance in the wall, then enter it. A building with a collapsed ceiling leads into the garage. Be careful as there is an explosive trap. It is also possible to climb over the front of the truck to enter the garage. Entering the garage earns a point.
- In the area where the Reds first stage an ambush, in the center of the room is a hidden passage that leads beneath the room. Entering it earns a point.
- In the third area where the Reds are waiting, there is a another hidden passage entered through a circular manhole. There is a dead soldier at the bottom. Entering it earns a point.
- In the fourth area with Reds standing guard there is a secret area under the rooms ground with a corpse, entering it will gain you a point.
- In the fifth area where the Reds are waiting with three to four snipers, there is a hidden passage that can be reached by the catwalks above the metro cars or by stairs at the back of the room. Entering this passage earns a point.
- Knocking Lesnitsky unconscious earns a point.
- Kill Lesnitsky.
- Do not kill the Watchmen in the area with the ladder that Artyom must climb. The point is earned at the top of the ladder. The Watchmen aren't hostile and leave a blue-green trail when the Little Dark One augments your vision.
- Do not kill the Demon on the rooftop protecting her nest, or her baby. You will gain the point after going down the stairs, and jumping through the hole in the floor.
- See all visions (this will also unlock achievement Back to the Past).
- Kill the Watchmen in the area with the ladder that Artyom must climb. Sometimes the Little Dark One says that they are just going somewhere.
- Kill the Demon of the rooftop protecting her nest. The Little Dark One will ask Artyom why he killed her.
- Killing the baby demon will lose another one and a remark of the Little Dark One if Artyom would do the same to him.
- At the beginning of the level when the Watchmen are growling from atop the Saint Basil's Cathedral, don't shoot at them. The point is earned as they begin to go inside. Climbing the staircase into the Cathedral to an area full of skeletons earns another point.
- While following the Little Dark One through the storm, Artyom will come across a Watchman kneeling over a skeleton. The Little Dark One will say he's simply afraid. Leaving him be will earn a point as soon as Artyom enters the next area.
- In the ruined sewer area, a group of three Watchmen will slowly approach, but again the Little Dark One says they won't attack unless provoked. Leaving them be will earn another point.
- In the same area, you can see a corpse down a hole. Reach it to gain another point, but taking too much time will cause the Watchmen to attack.
- Save Pavel from the damned souls. The Little Dark One will then remark that now he understands what forgiveness is.
- Enter the St.Basil's Cathedral before the Watchmen go away.
- Shoot at the Watchmen on St.Basil's Cathedral before they go away.
- Leaving Pavel with the damned souls causes you to lose a point. The Little Dark One will tell you that he will remember that you couldn't forgive (this will also unlock achievement Revenge).
- Near the beginning of the level, there is a path leading towards a hole in the right-hand wall, into a flooded store with can alarms and a safe. Entering this area earns a point.
- At the same split where you can reach the flooded store, you can also turn left, crossing a log and a flooded pipe. Right after the pipe will be a tripwire; disarm it or avoid it, then crouch ahead and you will receive a moral point.
- Do not engage any watchmen and just sprint to the small passage to next area where Artyom must crouch. A moral point will be gained when you enter this passage. Just after a moral point is added, you will see baby Bears.
- Kill the Watchmen attacking the Bear after the fight with Artyom. Do so quickly or they'll kill her (this will also unlock achievement Forest Guardian).
- Leave the clearing without harming the Watchmen on the Bear's back.
- After the Little Dark One grabs General Moskvin's hand, there's a dream sequence that requires you to open doors. Watch the scenes behind the doors until the door shuts itself. You'll receive the moral point after the door closes on General Moskvin apologizing to a picture of his brother.
- One final point is awarded if the Baby Dark One prompts the Redemption ending.
Extra: You don't have to be a sneaky pacifist to get the good ending, you can kill as many human enemies as possible including Lesnitsky and Pavel as long as you make up for the lost of moral points.