Metro 2033 Redux is the updated version of Metro 2033 for next generation consoles, featuring improved graphics, weapons, characters and content.
- Utilizes gameplay elements from Metro Last Light, such as adding the option to wipe your mask clean as well as combat improvements - like stealth takedowns and weapon customization
- All-new lighting engine
- Lower end PCs perform better
- Cinematics have been redone and are now presented in first-person perspective.
- Features day and night cycles
- More detail to levels and will boast greater visual fidelity.
- Some levels have been expanded such as the Dead City section, which is now a single level.
- Certain characters and items have new locations
- 60fps on next-gen consoles
- All character models have been changed to the Last Light versions
- Artyom's dialogue is re-done by his voice actor from Last Light (though all other characters retain the original 2033 voice actors with the exception noted below)
- In the English dub, Sasha, and the other male children all have a new voice actor. The exact reason for this change is unknown.
- All loading screens are changed to the Last Light format
- Diary entries, such as to the ones in Last Light, can be found on each level
- Metro 2033 Redux will gain some weapons from Last Light and its DLCs
- There are fewer drug references
- Spartan and Survival mode
- New achievement/trophy list