Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Follow and protect Bourbon.
|Metro Wiki has a video walkthrough for this level, Lost Tunnel. See Lost Tunnel/Walkthrough.|
|“||As I entered the abandoned tunnels with Bourbon, I wondered if I'd been wrong to trust him. But the station gates were still sealed, and there was no telling when I'll have another chance to leave Riga.||„|
The level begins with Artyom and Bourbon moving down a derelict tunnel. As a guide, Bourbon will tell Artyom about the "singing pipes" and nearby lurkers. Should the player wish to take a side-trip they can break off from Bourbon and find two lurkers with some minor loot. Eventually the tunnel leads to a cave-in, and several dead caravaners. As Bourbon recognizes, this is the work of nearby bandits, and the only way past is through the camp. The two begin sneaking into the bandits' outpost and Bourbon teaches Artyom about traps, after which Bourbon kills a drunk bandit with a throwing knife, which Artyom can retrieve. Artyom alone must then kill all of the bandits to continue.
A very valuable Volt Driver can be found here, should the player have the Ranger Pack DLC. The weapon is extremely valuable and is highly lethal, although there will be scarce ammo for it until the next exchange kiosk. In Metro 2033 Redux the Volt Driver is no longer located here.
- The distinctive howl of watchers can be faintly heard at the beginning of the level, possibly further hinting at their connection with lurkers.
- There are no ghosts on this map, but at the tunnel you can hear a spooky scream when Bourbon finds the corpse with bats, and later the ghostly chants of the pipes, with several mysterious noises.
- Near the campfire, one bandit will walk off slowly, and then stop. He then begins to sing a Russian (actually a criminal) song in a comedic fashion, most notably the 'lalalalala' line.
- Sometimes, Bourbon freezes after or before pass the ruined train on the tunnel and won't speak to the player, leaving the game unable to progress. You must load the last saved point to continue.
- The first lurker on the tunnel sometimes freezes instead running away and stands quiet on the railroad. See here .